THERATEARS® STERILID® ANTIMICROBIAL EYELID CLEANSER AND FACIAL WASH
Advanced Hypochlorous Acid (0.01%) formula
Cleanses away bacteria
Gentle on eyelids
Effective daily lid hygiene
A POWERFUL NATURAL INGREDIENT
Hypochlorous acid is an organic substance that occurs naturally in the body. It is produced in neutrophils, functioning as an antimicrobial agent that destroys bacteria and serves as an important part of the immune system.
TheraTears® SteriLid® Antimicrobial Eyelid Cleanser and Facial Wash uses the power of hypochlorous acid to provide key eyelid hygiene advantages:
Antimicrobial capabilities effectively and quickly eliminate microoganisms from the eyelids and lashes
Low toxicity and a pH balanced formula prevent irritation of the delicate skin of the eyelid or eyelid margin
Patients will be happy to use an organic substance rather than a harsh, unnatural facial wash
Recommend a Proven Cleanser
TheraTears® Sterilid® Antimicrobial Eyelid Cleanser and Facial Wash provides superior eyelid cleansing. It kills 99.9% of bacteria in under 30 seconds, effectively eradicating the most common eyelid organisms.7
8 COMMON EYELID BACTERIA TESTED:
- Pityrosporum Ovale
- Serratia Marcescens
- Staph Aureus
- Staph Epi
- E. Coli
important, but often overlooked
Eyelid hygiene is a crucial component of ocular health, especially for patients with conditions like dry eye, blepharitis or meibomian gland dysfunction. However, many patients aren’t compliant with their eyelid cleansing regimen.
of eye care professionals recommend eyelid cleansing.4
of dry eye sufferers regularly cleanse their eyelids.8
Help increase eyelid compliance with TheraTears® Sterilid® Antimicrobial Eyelid Cleanser and Facial Wash, a convenient and affordable OTC solution that is as effective as a prescription.
Two Effective Cleansing Options
The TheraTears® Dry Eye Therapy line now includes two eyelid cleansing products to help satisfy the full range of your patients’ needs and increase compliance.
- Gentle and effective foam for skin-on-skin application
- Natural, plant-based formula with tea tree oil
- No rinse, cotton pad application
- Hypochlorous Acid formula (0.01%) for bacteria reduction
THERATEARS® EXTRA DRY EYE THERAPY
Lubricant Eye Drops
HARNESS EXTRA POWER FROM A NATURAL WONDER
TheraTears® EXTRA dry eye therapy’s extra moisturizing formula is enhanced with trehalose to:
✓ Protect from further irritation
✓ Support the homeostasis of tear film
Trehalose is a natural disaccharide with enhanced moisture retention capabilities.1
How does trehalose work?
- Maintains cell membrane and protein integrity during drying and rehydration
- Protects cell membranes and proteins from denaturation and disruption in the absence of water
How is trehalose used?
- To enhance the effectiveness of active ingredients
- In the U.S. as an excipient in at least four injectable pharmaceuticals2
- As a protectant for in vitro fertilization, plasma transfusions, cosmetics and processed foods
In ophthalmic products, trehalose enhances active ingredients to help1:
- Protect corneal cells from desiccation
- Restore osmotic balance to the ocular surface
- Maintain the homeostasis of corneal cells
THERATEARS® DRY EYE THERAPY
RESTORES EYES NATURAL BALANCE®
Regardless of the cause of Dry Eye Disease, whether from aqueous deficiency or tear evaporation, the result is the same: increased tear film osmolarity, or hyperosmolarity.
As defined in the 2017 DEWS II Report, dry eye is a multifactorial disease of the ocular surface characterized by a loss of homeostasis of the tear film, and accompanied by ocular symptoms, in which tear film instability and hyperosmolarity, ocular surface inflammation and damage, and neurosensory abnormalities play etiological roles.1
- Homeostasis is the tendency toward a relatively stable equilibrium between interdependent elements, especially as maintained by physiological processes
- Elevated tear osmolarity (or hyperosmolarity) is the increased salt concentration in the tears
- Increased tear film osmolarity causes dry eye irritation and ocular surface inflammation
TheraTears® Dry Eye Therapy’s hypotonic and electrolyte balanced formula has been shown to reduce osmolarity over time.
OSMOLARITY OVER TIME3
THERATEARS® IS THE MOST
HYPOTONIC LEADING BRAND4
TheraTears® SteriLid® removes oil, debris and other irritants that can accumulate on eyelids and eyelashes.
- Gentle and effective skin-on-skin application
- Keeping lids and lashes free from irritants is important for maintaining healthy lids and lashes as part of ocular wellness therapy
TheraTears® Eye Nutrition is a con-centrated form of Omega-3 designed to support healthy lacrimal and meibomian glands for healthy tears.*
750 mg of omega-3 (450 mg EPA + 300 mg DHA) from fish oil:
- Pharmaceutical grade
- PCB and Mercury free
- Molecularly distilled
- Triglyceride (TG) formulation
450 mg of omega-3 (450 mg ALA) from flaxseed oil:
- Organically grown
- Cold pressed
153 IU of Vitamin E:
- Protects the high quality omega-3 from oxidation
- Helps support healthy omega-3 metabolism
FEATURED CLINICAL STUDY
Clinical Study Finds TheraTears® System Relieves Dry Eye Signs and Symptoms6
Key Statistically Significant Results:
The combined therapy of TheraTears® Dry Eye Therapy Lubricant Eye Drops, TheraTears® SteriLid® Eyelid Cleanser, and TheraTears® Eye Nutrition improved both symptoms and a variety of signs in subjects with moderate to severe dry eye.
- Jones L, Downie L, Korb D, et al. TFOS Dews ll Management and Therapy Report. The Ocular Surface Jul 2017; 575-628.
- Luyckx J, et al. Trehalose: An Intriguing Disaccharide with Potential for Medical Application in Ophthalmology. Clin Ophthalmol. 2011;5:577-581.
- Modified from Gilbard JP, Rossi SR Ophthalmol, Apr 1992, 99(4): 600-4.
- Data on file Akorn Consumer Health
- Wojtowicz JC, Butovich I, Uchiyama E, Aronowicz J, Agee S, McCulley JP. Pilot, prospective, randomized, double-masked, placebo-controlled clinical trial of an omega-3 supplement for dry eye. Cornea 2011. Mar;30(3): 308-314.
- Ngo W, Srinivasan S, Houtman D, Jones L. The relief of dry eye signs and symptoms using a combination of lubricants, lid hygiene and ocular nutraceuticals. J Optom. 2017 Jan-Mar;10(1):26-33.
- Results of an in vitro laboratory study. Data on file, Akorn Consumer Health.
- The 2017 Gallup Study of Dry Eye Sufferers (Conducted by Multi-sponsor Surveys, Inc.)