DRY EYES ARE A COMMON AND CHRONIC MEDICAL CONDITION
Over 50% of adults in the US suffer from the symptoms of dry eye1. You are not alone. While it is a chronic lifelong condition, there are many therapy options to manage dry eye symptoms and improve the quality of your life.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF DRY EYE?
Though the symptoms may vary from person to person, common symptoms include:
- Blurry vision
- Feels like something is in your eye
- Gritty or sandy feeling
- Light sensitivity
- Stinging & burning
- Watery eyes or excess tearing
WHAT ARE DRY EYES?
Dry eye can be caused by a salt imbalance in your tears. As eyes become dry, they lose water and become too salty, creating hyperosmolarity. And, just like when you throw salt on a wound, they sting and burn.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF DRY EYES?
Age – dry eye is a part of the natural aging process. The majority of people over age 50 experience some symptoms of dry eyes.
Gender – women are more likely to develop dry eyes due to hormonal changes caused by pregnancy, the use of oral contraceptives and menopause.
Medications – certain medicines, including antihistamines, decongestants, blood pressure medications and antidepressants, can reduce the amount of tears produced in the eyes.
Medical conditions – persons with rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes and thyroid problems, glaucoma and Sjogren’s Syndrome are more likely to have symptoms of dry eyes. Also, problems with inflammation of the eyelids (blepharitis), inflammation of the surfaces of the eye, or the inward or outward turning of eyelids can cause dry eyes to develop.
Other factors – long term use of contact lenses can be a factor in the development of dry eyes. Refractive eye surgeries, such as LASIK, can cause decreased tear production and dry eyes.
WHAT ARE THE TREATMENT OPTIONS FOR DRY EYES?
Many leading eye care professionals recommend TheraTears® as a comprehensive therapy system.
- Visit eye care professional
- TheraTears® Therapy for your eyes®
- Dry Eye Therapy Lubricant Eye Drops
- SteriLid® Eyelid Cleanser
- Eye Nutrition Dietary Supplement
- Warm compress
THERATEARS® PRODUCTS ARE DESIGNED TO BE USED TOGETHER
to restore, cleanse and nourish your eyes
- TheraTears® with Osmo-Correction® unique hypotonic and electrolyte balanced formula replicates healthy tears
- Available in preserved and preservative free formulas
- Options for daytime and nighttime use
- Cleanses away external irritants from eyelids and eyelashes
- Professional formula for superior daily eyelid and eyelash cleansing
- Advanced Omega-3 Supplement with Vitamin E
- With 1200mg Omega-3, organic flaxseed oil and a triglyceride form of fish oil
- The 2017 Gallup Study of Dry Eye Sufferers (Conducted by Multi-sponsor Surveys, Inc.)